Use this web site to access the best ideas for improving innovation management. What is innovation management? Real companies. Real practices. 3M (pptx) , P&G, GE, and Deere & Co. in order to better understand how these companies have sustained innovation over decades. We also provide insight into innovation at companies such as; Google (pptx), HP, DSM, and Koch Industries. The research provides a framework for addressing innovation management issues by setting out best practices.There is a special section for those interested in smaller organizations, i.e. SMEs. See the list of companies researched on the home page.
What have we learned from this research?
- There is a consistency, a pattern, which emerges from our examination of the policies and management practices of these companies. Innovation is sustained through applying not one, but the right combination of management practices.
- Not all companies embrace the idea of being innovative but if an organization wishes, or needs to be innovative to survive and grow, it is absolutely essential that leadership – the Board and senior management – be leading the effort.
- For a company to be innovative, its risk profile is elevated. Better information and measures are needed at senior levels to portray innovation so that the risk level is clear.
- There is a set of tools which can provide help to those organizations wishing to be innovative.
- Stock price performance is not always correlated with being innovative but longevity is.
CIO’s research is open to all who wish to click on a subject of their choice. For some of the research reports we charge a fee but for the most part the information is free. Comments are always welcome.